Manufacturing cars since 1919 – starting with the release of their A-Type – Citroen has more than earned its place in the motor industry as a major player. And whatever model you’re driving, you can be confident of enjoying a great time on the road no matter what the weather decides to do. Known for the innovations they bring to the motoring world, such as the floating engine concept, we can safely say you’re in good hands with the right Citroen.
If you’re planning on driving your Citroen longer than the manufacturer warranty, you could save yourself time and money by taking out a warranty with MotorEasy. Our plans help with parts, labour and diagnostic costs for the full duration of the warranty. Ensuring you have the proper coverage in place is one of the easiest things a motorist can do to safeguard their car; you can count on MotorEasy to provide everything needed for your complete peace of mind.
Why Do I Need A Warranty For My Citroen?
Our warranties are designed to offer the best combination of cover and value, delivering many features that aren’t available with a Citroen manufacturer warranty. Our plans cover:
- Failures identified during MOTs and servicing
- Wear and tear – a feature not present in a standard Citroen manufacturer warranty
- Consequential damage as standard, meaning repairs or replacements are covered when directly impacted by a failure
- Failures caused by overheating
- Air conditioning problems
The Benefits Of A MotorEasy Warranty
Having a MotorEasy warranty for your Citroen means you will also have access to benefits like:
- Our monitored repair process tracking workshop progress and ensuring work is completed to agreed standards
- We pay network garages directly, meaning you are never out of pocket
- Access to our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- Collection and delivery from your home or work
- 24/7 online booking
- Free online account area where you can create a digital logbook for your car, with access to useful reminder dates and a range of value-add discounts
MotorEasy provides warranties across the Citroen range and these benefits are available for warranties on all manufacturers. Enter your registration and mileage in our quote engine to choose a plan tailored to your Citroen's age and condition. You can also opt for a Lite plan, designed to pay-out in the event that your car has broken down and needs roadside recovery.
Citroen Reliability: A MotorEasy Study
The MotorEasy Reliability Index measures the dependability of a car, as an average of the frequency and cost of repairs for over 1,200 models. It reveals some of the hidden costs of ownership, as well as the likelihood of something going wrong. Each model is given a reliability score ranging from -100 (red), for a high frequency and/or high cost of repair, through to +100 (green), where there is a low frequency and cost of repair.
The index also includes model-specific data on:
- The typical repairs needed for each model, including the percentage of claims for engine, gearbox, electrical system, suspension, braking system and fuel system repairs.
- The average cost for each of the above types of repairs
Select from the list below to view Citroen reliability index data:
How Do I Get A Citroen Warranty With MotorEasy
To get started, simply visit our quote builder, where you’ll be asked to fill in your car’s registration number and some personal details. Remember, the quote you receive will be based on the information provided to us, so be sure to double-check everything before you submit.
If you’d much rather talk through it, we’re here! Give us a ring on freephone 0800 131 0001 and get clued up before taking out your policy.
Recent Paid Maintenance and Repairs for Citroen Cars
When it comes to car repairs, there are some you’ll be confronted with that are simply beyond your control. But that doesn’t mean you can’t prepare for when worst comes to worst. For insight into the most common repairs associated with Citroen cars, check out our guide below:
- C3: In one of these models, the diesel injectors failed through mechanical wear and needed restoring, coming to £1,037.06 – including diagnostics, parts and labour costs. Save yourself the prospect of having to pay these hefty sums outright by taking out a comprehensive Citroen warranty with MotorEasy.
- C4: Recently, the multimedia unit in one of these cars had to have work done to it. At £909.83, this is the kind of bill you just don’t need. Which is why it’s so beneficial to take out a Citroen warranty with MotorEasy and safeguard your car against internal issues you simply can’t see coming.
- C4 Picasso: One of our most expensive repair bills for a Citroen involved this type of car - totalling a whopping £5,521.21! A Citroen warranty with MotorEasy can protect you against high repair costs by paying for most, if not all, of these expenses.
- Berlingo: This particular model of car is known for being pricey when it comes to repairs - fixing the ABS pump alone cost one owner a staggering £1,464.67! Our Citroen warranty will safeguard you against unexpected repair costs like this.
- Xsara Picasso: We've recently had several of these cars brought in for repairs, with everything from alternators to turbos needing work done to them. Ranging from £225.60 (the tensioner) to £789.60 (internal bearings), these high bills can and should be avoided. Take out a Citroen warranty with MotorEasy and protect your car against unforeseen mechanical and electrical faults.
- DS3: In one of these cars, the gasket (block to head joint) needed restoring, which came to £1,684.80 – including diagnostics, parts and labour costs. Paying this hefty sum outright can be nerve-wracking, so taking out a comprehensive Citroen warranty with MotorEasy is key.